Pages

Tuesday 26 April 2016

Double Exposure

Double Exposure photography is a method that uses more than one image at different exposures to overlay each other in order to create a really striking image. This form of photography can be used anywhere and can be based around pretty much anything, therefore I have decided to experiment with this for myself and base this method around my topic of water.




In order to take the best images for double exposure I needed to take silhouetted portrait photographs of a face that would stand as the main frame/shape of the main image. The best way to do this was to setup a camera in a studio with a white background. By placing my subject in front of the white screen and setting up a studio flash to illuminate only the background, I was able to take photographs of my subject as a silhouette. which then meant I was able to take photographs of water that could be placed over the image in Photoshop. By placing the portrait silhouette on a layer below the water images and setting the water image to the layer effect screen,  the layers were merged together, making a  surreal double exposed picture, that really captures what I wanted to emulate.




Contact Sheet:


No comments:

Post a Comment