Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2016

Bubbles

Bubbles are a thin sphere of liquid that hold a small amount of air for a short time, and can make for great photo. The reflective qualities of the bubble can create many different effects, a fish eye shape that distorts the image, surreal and saturated colours from the shapes and patterns of the bubble, and also a double exposure effect with both reflections on the bubble and anything in the background behind the bubble. Bubbles can also be a great example of capturing an image using a fast shutter speed by capturing one being popped. 




When taking photos of bubbles, I wanted to attract the eye to the bubble. I did this by lowering the aperture number on the camera to ensure I had a shallow depth of field, whilst also using a fast shutter that allowed me to not only compensate for the exposure of the image but also take faster photos f the bubbles before they popped. I originally set up my camera outside, but wind caused the bubbles to pop faster or blow away, therefore I decided to take the photos inside and right next to a bright window which allowed me to use natural lighting to my advantage. Here are the results.










Contact Sheet:


No comments:

Post a Comment